Wednesday, January 26, 2011

All For His Glory!

Another week ended...a new one begun. So many emotions lay raw on the surface of my heart. Tears have spilled endlessly...prayers lifted without cease. A life lived with such grace and beauty, has now been promoted to heaven, to dance with the angels and sit at the feet of Jesus. In one single breath, a life is removed from this earthly shell and is eternity bound...forever in the presence of the One who gave that breath and took it away! A blink. A vapor. A breath. And it is gone.

Our dear and precious friend, Linda Freel, went homeward to be with our Lord Saturday morning. In life, she glorified her Savior daily. She lived out her faith with love and passion. She loved her family, her husband, her friends, and her students with a love much greater than herself. She was devoted to prayer...to praising her King...to sharing her faith with a lost and dying world. She lived Christ. "For to live is Christ, and to die is gain." We will miss her but rejoice that her faith is now sight!

Her life was lived to show others The Way...and in her death, God's glory was revealed much greater than human mind could ever have imagined. In South Korea, it is almost unheard of to donate organs. Linda was an organ donor. She was able to save the lives of 4 others through donor transplant. The Korean media was so inspired by this story that they asked to broadcast her story on their main news channels. In her death, 50 million people were able to hear the gospel message!

We may not understand why God does what He does. We may not understand His timing. We may not understand His ways. But one thing we must understand is this. We were created for God's glory. His glory alone. And all that He does is to reveal His glory...to show His glory...to make His glory known! Linda lived a life honoring God...allowing Him to make His glory known through her life. And in taking His daugher home, God used her life, even in death, to make His glory known.

I praise our God that He is soverign. He is in control and I trust that. No matter what I don't understand...I understand that I love this Creator who designed the heavens and the earth. I trust in Him with all my heart. He is God. This is His story...and I am just a part of His eternal plan. So I will live this life giving Him the glory that is due His name!

(Thank You Mrs. Freel for the life you lived, the life you dedicated to making His Glory Known!)

1 comment:

Kimberly N. White said...

Blair,
I read your blog & found myself in tears, needing a tissue after each sentence. I did not know your friend, but what a legacy she left! What an amazing testimony of who God is! Blair, it has deeply inspired me to walk closer to Christ, growing in Him. In death, I want a story such as hers. Thank you for sharing your heart and her testimony. I will be in prayer for her family. I love you!