Saturday, January 15, 2011

Watching Him Fight The Battles

Exodus 14:14 "The Lord will fight for you while you keep silent." God was speaking this morning through His Word and I had to humbly give Him glory! Sometimes we ask for an answer yet we don't like the one we get! It is hard to stand aside and allow God to do the work, when we in our hearts want so badly to "fix" things...to "change" the ones we love! But God is into the "miracle-working" buisness! IT is one of His specialties! So why do I, in my lowly and humanly ways, think I can do anything on God's behalf? He is the miracle worker! He is the Lord! He is the Lover of Souls, the Changer of Hearts, the Drawer of man! It is He alone Who can call men unto Himself!

I can live out His love! I can intercede on other's behalf! I can gently and faithfully follow Christ in front of the ones I want to see changed! But I can not change them! Only God can! "He will fight for me while I keep silent!" That is a hard one for me! I like to talk and explain and express and persuade! And I don't like to wait! I want to see that change RIGHT NOW! But God has His own timing...His own ways...and they are much higher and more lofty than my own!

So, this girl is gonna wait on my Lord! I am gonna pray and seek Him with all my heart! I am gonna watch Him fight the battles while I keep silent and worship Him! And all the while, the passion in my soul will be set aflame, and the stirring in my heart will be ablaze...and I will fall more madly in love with Him each second of each and every day!

No comments: