Thursday, January 20, 2011

Praying...

My heart is heavy. Tears fall freely as I type my thoughts out...legs crossed...computer in my lap. My world is quiet for a brief moment...but my mind whirls in constant prayer!

A dear and beautiful friend, Linda Freel, is lying in a hospital bed thousands of miles away fighting for the very breath I take for granted. Yesterday morning she was laughing with her husband, her son, her friends. Her mind was filled with thoughts of the day, preparations and things that needed to be done. Her heart was filled with tenderness towards her Savior, love for her husband, and prayers for her children. It was just another ordinary day...until...until...

Linda suffered a brain aneurysm yesterday morning and is struggling for life. The doctors have given her little hope...her family is waiting...watching...hanging on. It is a tragedy! So sudden. No one was prepared...how do you prepare for something like this anyway? Her community has banded together in prayer! Her friends and family stand watch, waiting to see what God has planned for this precious daughter.

But in the middle of everything, I give thanks. I thank You, Jesus, for a woman who has lived her life with faithfulness and love for her Creator! I thank You, Lord, for a family who has dedicated their lives to further the gospel to the ends of the earth! I thank You, God, for the Freels! They have impacted so many! I see in them You, sweet Savior! Your goodness, Your grace, Your awesome and tender mercy! I see in them a perseverance for their faith! A family who lives each moment to bring You glory, to make You known!

And so...as my spirit grieves and hopes all at the same time...I will put my trust in a God who created the heavens and earth! I will trust in His faithfulness, His miracle-working ways, His sovereignty and might! And just as the 3 Hebrew boys stated to the kind in Daniel 3 "If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire, and He will deliver us out of your hand, O king. But EVEN IF HE DOES NOT, let it be known to you, O king, that we are not going to serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up." May we rise up and give God glory! For whatever He chooses, He is God!

Make Your Glory known this day, most holy God!

No comments: