Friday, January 28, 2011

Leave it and Trust....

I have fallen once again. I have failed...miserably. I ask for an answer...and He is faithful to give me one...yet I take no heed. I run ahead instead of following close behind. I take the lead away from the Faithful Lead. And in the midst of my "striving" and "doing"...I mess things up in grand fashion! If only I had of stopped. If only I had of kept silent. If only...but all the "if only's" are lost in the middle of my tears. I acted without trusting. I, once again, took things into my own hands and thought I could handle them better than the Creator of Heaven and earth. The Maker, the Life-Giver, the Lover of Souls and Changer of Hearts...did I really presume that I could make anything better than HIM? Of course not! But my actions prove otherwise. My worrying and fretting got the best of me...and standing in a foot deep of muck and mess, I can hear the gentle shake of the Master's head.

STOP BLAIR! "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him...and He will direct your paths!" Proverbs 3:5-6.

This I know...it resounds in the deeps of my soul...yet my foolish heart got ahead. I didn't like His timing...and I made a mess of His plan.

Forgive me Lord. Please create beauty from this mess I've made. I surrender. Wash over me. I lay it back down...I NAIL it back down...cuz I know that I have a tendency to "pick it back up" and try and carry it on my own.

I love You Father. Thank You for loving me...because I know that I don't deserve it.

No comments: